“明明”音乐世界,音乐日记,音乐思想,音乐馆

Welcome to my world of thoughts and reflections. A boy who went through his study years in yangzheng pri sch, bendemeer sec sch, Serangoon JC and NUS..A music lover of chinese pop music and an avid fan of jeff chang since 1994! I am a CD collector and whatever good music and pleasant to my ears, i will support....May all of u appreciate good music! Stop piracy!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Jui Dui Superstar Quarter Finals Round 2 --Men

This time round, the judges gave higher points...Li Weisong gave 8 points for M5 and 7 points for M3...All the bigshots are here but i prefer the last week-- first six male contestants...

Duet: 找自己
Throughout the duet for "zao zi ji" I like the part where wei choong use his vocals and shout and drag while raymond sings..The rest don catch my attention..

M1 chia wei choong
演唱歌曲:流星。森琳。雨
He had the superstar look(singer F4?) and his vocals is still alright to me. Moreover, he got a bit of his own style..But when I heard the title of the song he going to sing, I was a bit shock..A rare song to sing for competition.This song I also don really like..Nothing much for a singer to shine his vocals...Still nervous though he got experience in big stage before..But seriously, I don want a vase to win the superstar title...

I gave 6.5/10

M2 Raymond
演唱歌曲:断点
I think the judges gave him a bit too low..His vocals are quite "bright"..But i disagree with him that his looks are good.Look like dongfang billy to me.. Why today all the contestants a bit thick skinned? I don find him handsome at all but his vocals still alright...

I gave him 6.5/10

The duet, what title ? I didnt catch it and I did not really pay attention..No comments...

M3 weijian
演唱歌曲:除此之外
I am amazed when he mo fang a lot of singers in the introduction of jue dui superstar a couple of weeks ago. He is the one I looking forward among today six contestants..He got his own style of singing and his vocals are not bad..Need to polish more and he looked quite active but not on stage..He is quite a funny type person, can act in comedy dramas? haha...He can sing better in the first part of the song..cos the first part did not impress me much...

I gave him 7.5/10

M4 Liang wei qiang
演唱歌曲:我懂了她
He a bit lack of experience and the dressing a bit weird as well..But I think his voice sounds a bit like ronald and li shen jie.
Need more emotions while singing..I only capture some emotions when he chuan yin...After he sings this song, i got the urge to listen to the actual singer who sings this song..I haven listen to this Li Sheng jie song before yet..

I gave 5/10

Duet: 翅膀
The duet, they changed a total new style of chi pang especially M6.They lack a bit of eye contact between them...

M5 Tan William Tanoto
演唱歌曲:你不在
The only contestant that is fully confident..He got his own style cos a bit of westerned style of singing..Now I know why junyang let him sing this song. Initially both wanted to sing this song but it against the rule that 2 contestants singing the same song, so junyang let him sing and junyang sang jiang nan instead.. The reason is because M5 really had a lack of chinese pop exposure..Even his chinese and the way he speak/pronounce need to brush up as well though he is from hwa chong..His performance is similar to junyang performance, which is both gave me a relax, comfortable feeling while listening the songs..Some contestants tend to give pple a nervous feeling while they sing as they are very nervous..Another thing about him is that some actions are a bit niang especially singing the duet...

Weisong gave him 8, more than kelly..I am rather impressed..He talked abt mic techniques..From the start of this contest, I had never see a contestant control the mic distance betw their mouth and the mic. It good to control to make the song nicer..Another thing is Xu Huanliang did his homework..That why he told M5 to listen more to chinese pop..Seemed that he got read the contestants profile...I am rather amazed..A good judge...



I gave 7/10

M6 Hagen
演唱歌曲:解脱
A female song sang by a male..Not too bad, a rather nice attempt but overall performance is easily forgotten...Nothing impressive. A bit of vocal range bah..

I gave 6/10


For yr info, the judges scores:
weichoong--32
Raymond- 26.5
Weijian--35
Weiqiang Sebastian- 24.5 (liweisong give 4.5 if i am not wrong)
William--37
Hagen--32

i think the judges just give extremely low marks for the youngest male and female age contestants as well..But the youngest also perform badly..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music = 933 Music station
<bgsound src="http://202.172.226.198/RadioLive/FM933.asx" loop=1>
Image hosted by Photobucket.com