“明明”音乐世界,音乐日记,音乐思想,音乐馆

Welcome to my world of thoughts and reflections. A boy who went through his study years in yangzheng pri sch, bendemeer sec sch, Serangoon JC and NUS..A music lover of chinese pop music and an avid fan of jeff chang since 1994! I am a CD collector and whatever good music and pleasant to my ears, i will support....May all of u appreciate good music! Stop piracy!

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Campus Superstar Finals

Today I just watched the Campus Superstar Finals..The first round is not as good as expected..Kiss Goodbye and Ji De are quite difficult songs to sing and hence, all of them did not perform that well..

For the boys, I don know what happen to Cheeyang..The words just dont come out from his mouth, making the pronounication quite weird..Even pronounication is unclear, at least it must have the style like Jay..haha..Perhpas he was sick and lack of practise bah. On the other hand, I like Renfred starting part of kiss Goodbye, a lower pitch version with emotions.Well done..But a pity then the later part of the song, it shows how poor his vocals are..

In second round, Cheeyang also made the same mistake, words just don come out clearly from his mouth but the song shows how good he was. Weisong said that chosing a difficult song does not shows a singer can sing, well what can I said is that giving low marks also does not shows the judge is professional..lol...And sisiong seemed quite strict and stern...the way he talked very tense..lol..
For renfred part, I think it is quite disappointing..I expected better dance steps..I can sense he did not put it a lot of effort as cheeyang. Also, his eyes really don know how to dian pple...I only saw a pair of sleepy eyes..lol.As well wear a pair of sunglasses..more cool instead...But dont worry, his votes are always the highest.Maybe that make the competition btw him and cheeyang more exciting.

Round 1: Cheeyang: I rated 7/10
Renfred: I rated 6.5/10

Round 2: Cheeyang I rated 7.5/10
Renfred I rated 7/10

For the girls, the most difficult part for the song <记得> is the emotion part. Ahmei got emotions behind her vocals, that made this song very nice..But not for the contestants. They sing for the sake of singing if the emotions did not blended well in the song. Dean is quite unstable and nervous while Teresa is very steady. Teresa looked very sweet today also..Next round, dean did very well.I think the song suit her and gave me a different style. Teresa on the other hand, dont really like the choir behind and the song she chose don suit her in my opinion.Nevertheless, her vocals is still soothing and crystal-clear.Teresa supportors are really a lot as seen in the school..Her sch population seemed to be a lot. But dean supporters are quite crazy and bad-tempered(not all but some of them).

Round 1:
Dean- I rated 6/10
Teresa- I rated 8/10

Round 2:
Dean- I rated 7/10
Teresa- I rated 7/10


And the male and female winners are below:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

After the winners Zhiyang and Teresa had been announced, I was quite elated cos both are my fav from the start. It a pity Khim, one of my favourites too got eliminated too fast.Now, it is a battle between both of them..

Round 1: I think Teresa is quite sweet when she kept smiling at Junyang. But she should face the audience more..haha..Maybe Junyang knew how to dian pple..haha..The whole rendition was very nice and sweet..A lovely couple I could sense.For cheeyang part, the part with Xinhui had much content. A song had became a dramatic act. Nice song and nice visual effect. Very well done too..This part is the most exciting part to watch throughout the whole show tonight. I also like xinhui image..very nice...Looking forward to her album..

Round 2: When I heard Teresa going to sing "有一天我会”, I am looking forward for this song cos I think this song really suit her vocals. But then, a pity emotions and power punch is not enough to make this song shone. But still, nice crystal vocals presented. For cheeyang part, a simple and nice song. Not much flaw and very soothing and it flowed well.

Round 1:
Teresa - I rated 9/10
Cheeyang - I rated 9.5/10

Round 2:
Teresa - I rated 8/10
Cheeyang - I rated 8.5/10

And the winner is Cheeyang..
Image hosting by Photobucket

Again it is a male! From star idol, singapore idol, project superstar..all are male except superhost is a female.lol...Congrats to Hwa Chong students..The principal had promised a half day off if Cheeyang won..Sometimes, I wondered they voted so hard for cheeyang or for the half day off..lol...My tuition kid must be very happy..He got half day off le...Heard Nanyang girls also got half day off..lol..

The results in percentage are as below:

Round 1:
Cheeyang lose in tel voting but won in judges scores..
In summary, cheeyang got 53.7% and Renfred 46.3%

Teresa lose in tel voting but won in judges' scores..
In summary, Teresa got 51.1% and Dean got 48.9%

Round 2:
Cheeyang won in judges scores but lose in tel votes..
But Cheeyang got 61%(same as star idol percentage which Bryan got) and Teresa got 39%
How can the judge scores gave cheeyang so high percentage..lol..And if u realise, all lose in tel votes won..

I think cheeyang vocals are more of leehom, david tao and not like Jeff chang..Jeff chang is the only one who had thick and high-pitched vocal..while Leehom and david tao had thin and high-pitched vocals..So Jeff is still better..lol..Heard that playmusic James Kang dont feel like signing Cheeyang...He ranked him quite low in the campus superstar mag...Well, i think if cheeyang wants to be very popular, it depends on luck..Just like Jeff chang, sudden popularized for the album "generosity" and no one expected it. Even can beat Andy Lau during those days...And cheeyang is hard to be popular overseas as compared to Renfred.Also, I realise Yuyang looked very alike with 秦伟, a mediacorp actor..And both yuyang and adraino always looked so blur and cute at times.Maybe they can be comedians...Every contestants looked very cute and full of energy..The speciality abt Campus Superstar is that there is a smaller age gap between most fans and them.(of course the age gap widened if aunties also like them..lol..).Anyway, it finally marked an end of campus superstar after months of viewing. Hope all the contestants study hard for their exams and good luck for their career in the future..


Lastly, let us recap the screenhots of the finals.
Image hosting by Photobucket


Special credits to Sunsetbay/CC for the pics..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music = 933 Music station
<bgsound src="http://202.172.226.198/RadioLive/FM933.asx" loop=1>
Image hosted by Photobucket.com