“明明”音乐世界,音乐日记,音乐思想,音乐馆

Welcome to my world of thoughts and reflections. A boy who went through his study years in yangzheng pri sch, bendemeer sec sch, Serangoon JC and NUS..A music lover of chinese pop music and an avid fan of jeff chang since 1994! I am a CD collector and whatever good music and pleasant to my ears, i will support....May all of u appreciate good music! Stop piracy!

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Star Awards 2004 (12/12/04)

I just watched the star awards today. In the beginning of the star awards, Jacelyn Tay tripped and fell down but luckily Tay Ping Hui quickly held her up gently. It really surprised the viewers with such a beginning. But Jacelyn had made a wonderful twist in her speech about the fall. She said when you fall down; you need to learn how to get up. The funniest speech should goes to Terrance Cao, Jacelyn ex-boyfriend, who said thanked Beijing 101 for giving him a lot of exposure to the public through the media. The most surprise speech goes to Li Nanxing who did not thank his wife, but thank Jesus Christ. I never knew he was a Christian then. Later, my friend told me he is from city harvest. Initially I thought he is going to thank his fans with the last word but instead Jesus came out of his mouth and surprised everyone. He said something like this “All the years, what drive him to carry on so many years acting and preserve is---------Jesus Christ.” Another artiste who thanked God is Moses Lim. He was from St. Andrew Cathedral. The thanking of God reminded me of last year Singapore Hits Award 2003 whereby JJ, Sun Ho, David Tao and Fish thanked Jesus Christ when they won the award. During the recap of the super popular award, I saw Chor Chew Ming thanked his idol Ah Mei in the previous star awards ceremony. This reminded me of what he said in the recent charity show this year that he liked Ah Mei too. This shows that over the years, he still like Ah Mei songs. Haha. The star awards made people feel it is like one big family especially when the artistes keep teasing Fann and Christopher Lee, even the hosts too. Mark Lee help Christopher to send kisses from Fann, Chow Chew Ming held Fann Wong hand tightly to ask her to kiss Christopher when her name was announced in the top 10, Chen Liping ran to the mic and wanted to say something but Fann snatched the mic back etc. It was quite funny as the mic came off when Fann snatched the mic from Chen Liping. Later, Fann threw the broken mic away. It is also a rare opportunity that MCS invite a Korean artiste, Ryu to give awards. Other artistes invited are 5566, Vivian Hsu, Zhao Wei, Pan Wei Bo, Flora Chan etc. Fann also gives her new comic to Wiber Pan Wei Bo too. Everything ended well and really happy Lin Ying Zhu gets the best supporting actress as I think the rest of the nominates cannot make it. For the best supporting actor, I wish Nick Shen will get it. He had missed a chance in his excellent acting in “The Reunion” but this year failed again. Hope next year, he had the chance too. Andrew Seow won it and I think he also deserved it as he missed the chance last year. The most surprising award is the best actress which goes to Ivy Lee. I never thought she would win again. I was expecting Xiang Yun or Wang Biren to win. About the dressing, I think the best dress should goes to Jacelyn and Wang Biren. Jacelyn dress was simple and nice. Biren dress was elegant. The best hairstyle goes to Fann. She was so pretty. Jacelyn hair was natural and nice too.


Besides today is star awards, it is also my first piano lesson. The teacher taught quite well and I was having fun playing the piano. Though sometimes I played the key wrongly, but overall I think my performance today was not bad. But the funny part is the teacher open the piano and let me see the mechanisms inside, and talked a bit of physics. Saying the shortest the string, the highest the pitch due to great vibration and the longest and thicker the string, the least vibration and hence a low pitch. Each key got a hammer touching the string, no matter black or white. Only when you release the key then the hammer will untouch the string. The highest pitch is on the right of the piano. blah blah blah. The lesson ended quite early as my teacher is quite busy with a lot of lessons to teach today. She will make up the lesson on other day. Then I waited for kwansiang to end his piano lessons. I ended up chatting with the admin there. To my surprise, the admin was from SRJC (science faculty) too and now in NUS (Arts and Social Science). She was younger than us by 2 years. She also took chemistry and her teacher was Mrs Suresh. We talked about our JC life, about how frequent chemistry teachers in SRJC like to give the students make up lectures in the evening till night. Finally Kwansiang came out of the music room and we went for dinner and went home to catch the star awards.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music = 933 Music station
<bgsound src="http://202.172.226.198/RadioLive/FM933.asx" loop=1>
Image hosted by Photobucket.com